Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Poem

One of the most vivid memories I recall is that of a midsummer night in the city of Hollywood in Miami. Sitting outside on my balcony soaring high above the city, I can see for miles ahead of me. The city stretched out like a map, no street hidden from my view. Down below me, cars whirry by, their lights resplendent at this height. I put a blanket over my chilled legs taking in the nonpareil view of Miami at night. The serene atmosphere put me in ebullience as I looked out on the pulchritudinous scene. A redolence wafted to my nose titillating my senses and I turned to see where the ambrosial was coming from. Tepid white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies, along with coffee were being served to the inhabitants of the top balcony. I served myself and returned to my seat overlooking the city, enjoying my snack and listening to the noises of city life. One particular sound drifted to my ears and enwrapped my body in comfort: the soothing rush of the ocean behind the hotel gently pushing against the shore. As if in a dream I looked up to the night sky, unraveled in all its glory, and saw millions of stars scintillating and shining down on me in my place of comfort and peace.

titillating-v-to excite pleasingly
ambrosial-adj-delightful fragrance
nonpareil-n-person or thing having no equal
pulchritudinous-adj-physically beautiful
resplendent-adj-gleaming,shining brilliantly
tepid-adj-warm
ebullience-n-high spirits
scintillate-v-sparkle
whirry-v-rush
redolence-adj-pleasant odor

1 comment:

APLITghosts said...

i want one of those cookies. they sound really great right now, and you put them there in my mind with your imagery. - elmeer

Animoto.com

My message is The Sun will rise tomorrow, so stop freaking out. I combined pictures of relaxing places along with pictures of people who were happy, or funny images, that tended to be bright or have calming colors. This will entrance the viewer, making them more relaxed and happy and hopefully they get a good chuckle out of one or more of the images in the video.The music in the background is "Here comes the Sun" by the Beatles, and it too is sending a message across to the audience that everyhting will be okay, for the sun is a symbol of light and hope, and it is rising. People worry about the little things in life too often, or stress and/or worry about their own problems all the time. Life's too short to dwell constantly on the negative, people need to let things go sometimes and be happy with what they have. My message puts peoples worries and troubles into another prospective, making them seem minimal because ultimately, you're still living and the sun will rise again tomorrow, and you get to see it, so stop freaking out!